Wednesday 11 April 2012

Illuminating!

A random drive past today illicited unexpected results. The electricians were on site!!  So a planned quiet day of paperwork catch up turned into a frantic day of running around.

Firstly I raced back home to grab them the lights for the front porch, bedside wall mounteds, the hanging lights in the kitchen and the alfresco lights. Then I contacted the lighting people who had my hallway lamp on back order.

To be honest I had been feeling less and less enamored with my chosen hallway lamp - so I took its unavailability as a sign. Swapped it for another model (which I far prefer) although this model hangs a little too low.  In retrospect the other design would have been even worse!

Honestly right now I will put up with it - and will find the uber perfect light for that space in the future.  That said - I think it looks better than my initial selection so am pleased.

Entryway light

The sparkies have been great - really can't fault them! By this afternoon they had done most of the downlights, the entry light, my bedside lights (which I forgot to photograph!!) and my kitchen hanging lights. They're back again tomorrow, so I will pop by and photograph the rest then :)

I am particularly pleased with my kitchen lights. A bit more 'pronounced' than typical in a kitchen space - but I love them - and I am hoping they'll help set the style for the space!  I can really see them once the space is cleaned and the dark brown glass splashback is in.

Kitchen lights

From another angle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment