Thursday 5 April 2012

Gates

So after the $6.5k gate quote I decided I'd need to visualise something a little more moderate!

For weeks I'd been admiring a fence of a house in Macleod - but it was at an awkward spot to stop and get pictures. So imagine my pleasure when I saw a very similar fence being built this afternoon just around the corner from our current house!

Had the camera with me, so jumped out - said g'day - and snapped the following pics.

I like the way the pickets are thick then thin.
Subtle but different. I am thinking of something like
this for the side pedestrian and car gates.

This is also the house which got me thinking about
dark window frames!

Have also started thinking about a front garden fence. As there is not a lot of garden I don't want anything too dominating or 'hard'. Started thinking about a living-fence AKA The University of Melbourne. At the uni they have ugly wire 1980s 'pool fences' on which they have fast growing creepers. These are then clipped into a living hedge. The fence underneath helps them retain their shape. Once grown you would not even realise there is a wire fence 'inside' the hedge. I only realised when I saw them growing a new one after some building works!!

Throughout The University of Melbourne
they have 'living' fences - hedges grown onto
plain metal fences. They look great!

Am not sure how we will go being our front garden is so shaded by our gorgeous front tree. Might stop and chat with a gardener next time I am at Melbourne Uni.

1 comment:

  1. Aha - there are both of the fence options that I've shortlisted for our fence! How funny. We need a taller fence option for screening at the back and either of those would be great.

    ReplyDelete