Monday 16 April 2012

Driveway

Today the concrete layer rang to discuss what we want for our driveway. I must admit, this has been really troubling me.

I have several thoughts on the issue!

I LIKE exposed aggregate. Probably in a darker grey-type shade to tie in with the grey door and gutters. My reservations is it is quite a modern look. Will it look too new with our older style home?

My next thought is a charcoal coloured concrete edged with red-brick. It's not a great pic, but this sort of idea:


What does appeal as the coloured concrete is plain, but the border should bring it to life a bit, and it will tie in with my garden edging which I plan to do like this (in the same red brick):


Of course - I could do the same idea with aggregate. And I worry that the charcoal driveway might look boring. Here is a picture which gives an idea of both options:


I *think* I have made up my mind. I will chat to the concreter about costs and possibilities etc. But I'd be interested to see what others think? While it is only a driveway, given our front yard is not enormous, I'd prefer it to blend not be a feature!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I need to post pics of our drive - it's an exposed aggregate - mostly charcoal with a touch of warm reddy brown. I think it looks fab and could see the texture working nicely w your place

    ReplyDelete