Thursday 24 November 2011

Telecomms

So I got an email today letting us know that we need to book the roughing in of phone lines and data cabling ASAP as plastering is happening in a fortnight! Major excitement!!!!! I drove past today and noticed the front door frame is in although the sidelights and door are not yet in place. Bricking is ongoing, although the right side of the place has not been done yet.

Sean rang and discussed the telecoms and we've emailed off the electrical plan to the contractors with the relevant details. Sounds like next week and the week after it's going to be a hive of activity! Am looking forward to heading over there on the weekend to see where they're up to.

Suddenly it's all seeming very real and I can see us moving into our new home. My mother in law has loaned me a book on 'small gardens' which I am now poring over with interest. Small is a generous way to describe what we're going to have - but I have seen huge gardens which are ugly and a waste and tiny pockets which are pleasant and inviting spaces - so I am trying to remember that in some cases size really does not matter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment