Friday 25 November 2011

Lighting

So I knew I would know what I wanted when I saw it. And I did!

Went for a wander around the local lighting shops today. Surprisingly not an exciting mission. Lighting really leaves me a little cold. I find I don't like 90% of the things in the store - and have real trouble visualising the remainder in-situ. However - off Sean and I went with the hope the right thing would present itself.

And it did!

We had more lights to select than I initially realised. 1 for the bathroom, 2 for porch, 2 for alfresco, 1 for entryway, 3 for the kitchen and 3 spotlights.

So at the first place we found a single pendant design we quite liked. Plain, simple, understated. But we thought it might be too small for the entry space. However it also came in 3, 5 and 9 light styles which the attendant showed us in the catalogue. To be honest I don't think photos do them justice (so were not too enthused) however lo and behold - at the next store we went to they had the larger versions in stock and we really liked them!

So now we need to decide which one. I suspect the area will 'need' the larger 5 lamp style - whereas Sean thinks the 3 lamp style will be the right thing. Thankfully the lighting shop will allow us to leave cash, take both, and return the light we don't need. So here they are.



We'll be going for the brushed chrome colour and it would hang with very little chain.

We also found some undereave style lights for the front porch. Very plain and simple - as I don't want those to be a feature.  Am not sure about the others, yet. The bathroom one will depend on how close together the mirrors are (although I saw a darling little light which would be perfect if it fits) and with the overbench lighting I am still undecided. But at least 2 are now purchased, and another decided.

1 comment:

  1. Love those lights! But I definitely think the 5 light pendant will make a welcoming statement in the front entry :)

    ReplyDelete