Monday 28 November 2011

It's all happening!

Well the last few days have seen a hive of activity. Firstly on Sunday we went and bought the light for the front entry. We ended up going with the 3 lamp model in chrome. I think it's going to look good in the space :)

Then yesterday had several conversations with the cabinetmaker. He's tweaked the plans a little in the kitchen to ensure the microwave is not too high up and as such impractical. He's also going to add locks to the top draw and cupboard in the study nook. This will be so helpful at keeping Oscar and Adelaide out of my work things!

Then this morning the electrician rang with a few questions about the electrical fit out. Just as well he did as I had some quite particular ideas on where I wanted lightswitches height wise - and also whereabouts on the wall I wanted the TV powerpoints etc. So I popped over to the site and went through it with him.

A few nice surprises while I was there - firstly the bricking of the alfresco is done and the brickies are now working on across the back of the house. Standing in the alfresco I realised the ceiling in there is quite high - so I'll be able to do some sort of outdoor feature light there (if I can find what I am after!). Was also pleased to see how well the space and light seems to be working. The more work they do the more I can see it all coming together.

Was a little annoyed to see that the Origin electricity contractors have dumped concrete on our neighbour's front lawn and splashed his fence with concrete when they re-concreted near the electrical pit. Will head on over there tonight and clean it up if they haven't before then. Actually that reminds me - I think the phone people need to dig up that area, too? Better ring and ask them.



In this last shot you can just see our evaporative cooler which is the latest addition to the build!

1 comment: