Tuesday 7 February 2012

Bored and Boards

So it seems like nothing is happening - although in reality there's action most days.

My deck is now finished (and looks mighty fine!) and when I dropped by today I was delighted to see my hallway and kitchen have been floorboarded!

The flooring people were there late last week doing the underfloor, and yesterday they boarded half the hallway. Today they finished that and worked across to do the kitchen. Think perhaps they might do the kids rooms and the little hallway tomorrow? Not sure - but as I have the day to myself I will drop by with a camera.

Am really delighted with the colour of the boards. Not too red, not too brown, not too blonde, not too gold. I can't describe it other than to say there is quite a lot of variety in the shades. Some a honey colour, others more brown, some more grey and some pinkish. Sounds chunderous but it looks good, I promise!

I'm particularly pleased it's not a flat, uniform colour. I was hoping the flooring would have some subtle interest in it - and this is just what it's got.

Pics to come tomorrow, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment