Friday 30 December 2011

New Years

So I went for a quiet wander around the house, today. More has been done! While the office is closed between Christmas and New Years, evidently at least the brickies are still working. Our exterior window sills are (mostly) in now. They look good!

Also had a good think about the hallway and I have emailed Andrew to see if the wall can be moved. I know it's going to be a pain in the behind, but it's just too narrow and I think it will be much nicer if it is broadened.

Also started seriously thinking about the garden. It's going to need a LOT of work - but I am eager to get on to it ASAP as that will really blend the house into its surrounds, I feel. Have a few books I am flicking through for inspiration, but I am after a cool lush feel out the front and not entirely decided for the back yet.

And that leads to the other things I need to be thinking about:
  • Curtains
  • Paths
  • Fencing
  • Driveway
  • More light fittings
  • Furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment