Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas

So today I had a few hours to myself. The kids were at daycare, the cleaner was at our place, and I had finished the bookwork and done the posting.

So I dropped by the house.

It was quiet. No-one there. In fact all was boarded up. But there was still one way in - so I took a wander around the house - enjoying seeing it at yet another time of day!

So far I am so pleased with how it's going. It's coming together so well! I love each of the rooms and spaces. In fact, so far, the only thing I would change is the width in one section of the hallway. Not a big thing, but with the benefit of hindsight I would have done it a little differently. Not bad in the grand scheme of things!

It is a really peaceful home. Quiet. Heavens knows if it will stay that way after we move in, but I can only hope!

Wandering around the garden/compacted earth I can see we'll have a LOT to do there. But that's kind of exciting, too ;) It will be nice to be able to make our own decisions about outdoor spaces and vistas.

So here we are - a few days before Christmas with the prospect of a lovely new home in 2012! Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment