Saturday 10 December 2011

Ducts

Not that I am an anal retent... but I am an anal retent ;)

On a visit to the site this afternoon, I noticed the positioning of some of the ceiling aircon vents. Not. Happy. Jan!

I realise it's a relatively minor thing - but it makes sense, to me, to plan where you are sitting / eating / cooking / sleeping when planning heating and cooling ducts.

For instance - in my current home there is a cooling duct right above the kitchen bench. It blows baking paper / cling film / patty cases etc. around - which means in summer if you cook you also cook! And in the new home the cooling duct currently positioned right behind where you would put a couch would mean a constant cold draft on the back of the neck.

Now while the ceiling ducts in the new place seem to be in the right rooms, they are JUST in the rooms in a few cases. E.g. Master bedroom has the cooling duct above the doorway. Helpful (NOT!!!). So I have emailed my (no doubt by now) long suffering site supervisor to ask to discuss this as I really want 2 or 3 of them moved prior to plastering.

Other than that all coming along well. Bricking is nearly finished (in fact - thought I might take some cakes down to our lone brickie tomorrow for doing such a lovely job now he is nearly done). Plastering starts tomorrow, apparently.

Steel girder for above the french doors has arrived, as have the french doors. So it's front doors and sidelights then lockup!

Will try and get to the bathroom supplies store this week sometime to buy the bathroom accessories (shelves / towel holders etc.). Also need to revist lights...

2 comments:

  1. That makes perfect sense to me. In fact it was the one thing I made the husband move when we renovated, as the aircon guys put the vents in the corner of the room. They were near useless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick look at my ceiling reveals perfectly placed vents :)

    Will add it to my list of things to check when we get round to building...

    ReplyDelete