Friday 3 January 2014

Weird Science!

So boys' room decor is hard, for me. It's hard to come up with a theme which grows and does not limit a dude to a narrow 2 year time period. It's much easier to find a more versatile / extendable theme for girls.

However recently the perfect (to me) idea presented itself. Of all his interests (dinosaurs, planets, experiments etc.) all have been scientific in nature. So a science theme seemed a natural extension :)

I put together a mood board, and of course the desk I had my eye on was expensive. Not too bad - but more than I had hoped to spend. And then the perfect option made itself apparent on EBAY. It had 8 days to go, but a quick message and we agreed on a 'buy it now' price. Better still, they were able to deliver this afternoon!

So without further adieu here is Oscar's 'science desk'. Complete with equations and graffiti scratched in!

In his room waiting for the rest of the decor to arrive.

Pitted, scratched and oh so worn. PERFECT!!!

Am going for a teal, orange and grey theme. Little touches of navy, too. Am really excited as I can SEE it all coming together.

Is going to take a while to gather everything. I've found the quilt cover already, so now need to focus on all the other (many) little pieces to make this come together.

So far, so good, though!

Teal, grey, orange and navy scheme :)


No comments:

Post a Comment