Saturday 4 January 2014

Time to paint!

I have been thinking about painting the front room for a while. Now I have the major furnishings in, I've been able to think about what it needs to finish it up. And the answer was colour!

 Front room - waiting for an injection of colour!

Initially I had thought to paper either side of the chimney breast and then paint the breast a darker colour (but leave the other walls their existing colour) but have now decided to give a darker scheme a go. If it needs it, I will look at papering beside the chimney breast later.

Have chosen a warm taupe/beige sort of colour. Augustus by Taubmans. Brought a sample pot home only to discover they'd given me a Dulux colour called Augustus (which is a green!)  Lucky Sean noticed BEFORE he put it on the wall! So he's headed down to Bunnings to exchange for the correct colour and hopefully we'll get a few samples up on to the wall and dry today so I can consider the colour!

Taubmans 'Augustus' - sample image

No comments:

Post a Comment