Wednesday 8 January 2014

Painted!

So long suffering Sean has painted - something he thought he'd got out of by building a new house! Now let me start by saying that, as always, he did a lovely job! Especially given, straight after we bought the paint, I started having misgivings about the colour.

I was hoping for something dark and moody. Something to make the room a bit more adult and grown up. As per previous post we went for Taubman's Augustus. I had tossed up between Augustus and Stonington Beige (the latter being ever so slightly more yellow). In the end went Augustus as both the linen furniture and the curtains had an ever so slight yellow to them, and I wanted to pull the way away from being too golden.

Anyway - now it is done, I am really happy with it. Not as WOW as I might have hoped, but probably a lot more 'me'.

After - looking in to the room

Left side with Sheraton Revival cabinet

Right side with drinks cabinet

Far right side with valve radio

My chair!

Now the hunt is on for an art piece or mirror. The fireplace is actually quite high, which makes it hard for 'small' art to go there. It's either got to be something huge or alternatively I was thinking maybe an oval mirror. Although there are limited opportunities for art in this place, so I am loathe to give up a prime spot!

Am also after a new shade for the crystal lamp on the drinks cabinet, a couple of silver/blue oversized velvet lumber cushions for the wingbacks, some ice blue trellis cushions for the couch, several textured throws and a rug. So the work in here is far from done!

Also wanting 'something' for the Sheraton cabinet. Either a pot or vase or something to sit in the middle of it. The cabinet can look rather fussy, so it needs something clean to tone it down a bit. Here's hoping I will know what it is when I see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment