Wednesday 11 July 2012

Splashback!

So after what seems like months of stuffing around with this, today I saw my kitchen splashback. And I LOVE it! I had to do a last moment colour change (a slightly different shade as the manufacturer used Dulux not Taubmans paints) but I am stocked with the outcome!

With overbench and under cupboard lights on

Same from different angle

Without overbench and under cupboard lights on 

Same from different angle

What I am not loving is they stuffed up my laundry splashback. It is the same colour as the kitchen one, and is meant to run the full wall of the laundry - so it matches in with the kitchen. It's that way on the plans. I have discussed the issue with Andrew. I told their sales rep when he had two different meetings (because of the stuff up with my robes). And I emailed clarification and detailed elevations to the sales rep.

And this is what's been installed. I am not happy and will insist it is replaced.

The laundry splashback. The glass was meant to
continue over the top of the washing machine spot.

I have been told maybe concreting next week. But I have been told that so many times I am not holding my breath. Apparently splashbacks take 3 weeks from time of order. What's the betting the laundry stuff-up causes even more delay???


7 comments:

  1. That really sucks about the laundry but they do look fantastic, colour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the laundry, are you having a front loader with tumble dryer on top? This would cover the missing splash back... Or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a normal top loader, Margie. I don't use a dryer. And the new splashback I will be insisting on will fix the missing splashback problem!

    I am really pleased with the colour, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the kitchen. I was hoping for something similar but with no cupboard handles. The splash back is gorgeous. I promise I'm not copying when I end up with something similar. Love it, love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a fantastic kitchen, Amy. I must say that your splashback went well with it. It looked more classy and stylish, like the ones that we always see in lifestyle magazines. And the color you chose compliments the immaculate color of your kitchen.

    Mathew Bergeron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your splashback looks fantastic! May I ask what Dulux colour it is?

    ReplyDelete