Wednesday 4 July 2012

Oven

So there's still little progress...

Last week I had to change splashback colours as the company making it could not use a Taubmans colour. So I had to pick a Dulux one.

Happily a friend has a similar coloured splashback in her home - so it's easy to visualise how a deep colour will look. The colour I thought I would go with ended up being a little too red/brown - and when I got in to the house to compare it with the tiles etc. I ended up going with a slightly greener/brown colour 'Ceylonese'. It should look good :)  Andrew our site supervisor says it can take up to 3 weeks for the splashback once the order is confirmed. But I suspect our glass might already be cut and that they were waiting on the new colour to coat it. At least I HOPE so!

So now I am thinking ovens.

As part of the build I am getting a cheapy Technika. Which was fine, really. The plan was to use it until I had time to do my research as to what I really wanted and replace it in a year or two.

However - the oven in our current home has died - and I need to replace it before we rent out this place. Suddenly the idea presented itself to have the Technika installed here, and to purchase a better oven for the new home. I chatted to the builder - and they confirmed that provided it was brand new/under warranty/still in its box, the same size, and needed the same amount of power they were happy to install it in lieu of the Technika - and they're going to quote me on installing the Technika at our current house.

So. What to choose?

My girlfriend Donna is a whizz at all things home research based. She puts in all the hours and reads all the articles I just never seem to get around to! So I was chuffed when she talked me through the pros and cons of ovens. I want something nice, but I don't want to spend a fortune. It needs to be 60cm wall based. And I'd really like self cleaning/pyrolytic.

So after taking on board her comments, and then going out and having a good look at what was on offer, I have pretty much decided on an Electrolux. Specifically the EPEE63CS.

I can get it for under $2,000. It has a slightly larger capacity than others in the same class. Generally it reviews well. And it's pyrolytic!  Also, importantly for me, it also has dual movable telescopic rails. I think I swooned a little when I saw that :P


I like the look of it, too :)  Nice and clean looking!

So now I just need to double check the dimensions are right and I'll order it!


1 comment: