Sunday 29 July 2012

Concreting?

Well after being told Wednesday last week, then possibly Sunday, I got a phonecall to say that concreting is happening tomorrow from 8am. We've been waiting so long that I will believe it when I actually see it!!! However - I've arranged to be on site as soon as I've dropped the kids off to daycare.

The painters were on site today starting touch-ups, but they were not going to stay long. With the last coat of the floors apparently being done on Wednesday, they said they'll need to come back after then, as all the skirtings are being repainted after the boards get their final coat.

So still no exact idea of handover. But I know they were aiming for us to have keys by 11 August. We'll see!!

In the meantime, my garage is becoming applicance central. I have our new oven and dishwasher in there - plus I have a new TV and the gas fireplace paid for and waiting at their respective suppliers to be installed after handover.

Have been toying with the idea of a new fridge, too. Not that there's anything wrong with our current fridge. But it won't fit as nicely into the new kitchen as something more like this.


I think I'll wait until the fridge actually needs replacing, though. It seems silly beyond belief to replace a perfectly good fridge for aesthetic purposes!

And then the fun really begins. Decorating! We basically need new furniture for every room. Am going to do it room at a time, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment