Thursday 26 July 2012

Oven part two and spotting

So yesterday I was expecting the concreters but have been told probably Sunday, now. That works - would rather be on site for it.

However the day was not a waste - I got to go around the house 'spotting' defects. I used a whole roll of spots!!!! To be fair 99% of them are painting touch-ups required after the other trades have been through and scuffed surfaces. Everything else, pretty much, has been picked up and rectified on the way through.

I also, today, bought our new oven. Much excitement! I ended up going with the Electrolux EPEE63CS as previously discussed. It rates well, looks good, is less than I anticipated paying and has all the features I'd like. The only thing is that it's quite popular so is on back order in many stores.

Was going to search around online, but thought I'd check with our local Harvey Norman. Well they had 2 in stock, offered a very competitive price (including delivery) and will have it here on Saturday for me. Too easy!

So now it's time to start thinking of all the things to organise between getting keys and moving in. The list seems immense, but hopefully much of it can be taken care of by a builder friend. We need to:
  • Landscape - the dogs can't move homes until the yard is not a mud pit
  • Fence - again for the dogs
  • Doggie door (can you see a recurring theme here???)
  • Clean and seal the side deck
  • Have the kids' blinds installed and finalise curtain orders for the other critical areas
  • Do one HELL of a clean! 
Even though the house has had it's first clean it's hardly been 'detailed'. There's still dust here and there (especially on the walls - just needs a good going over with a feather duster) and all the door handles need a thorough wipe down etc.

There are other, less pressing, bits and pieces I need to organise too - like having the new TV installed (and the plasma in our room) and getting the gas fireplace put in. It's going to be a long process, I think!

1 comment: