Friday 30 March 2012

Shelved

Building a house is about compromise. Sometimes the compromise works out better. Sometimes it is not what you'd choose but as good. Sometimes it festers in the back of your mind.

So one of those festering items, for me, were the shower shelves.

I bought two which matched our bathroom set. They were large. Cumbersome. I really didn't like them. But I couldn't find anything else I liked which matched the rest of the items (which I do like).

Spun past today to get a matching hand towel holder, and overheard the salesperson discussing shower shelves with another customer. One look and I was SOLD! Simple. Small. Understated! And they will match the other fittings ;)


Better still - they were happy to exchange the other (not yet installed) shelves for the new ones.

In other news, also picked up some porch lights. Nothing that inspiring - simple oversized recessed lights for under the porch. One less thing to do, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment