Thursday 29 March 2012

Painting Part 5 - The Interior

They're painting the walls today and it's looking great, but more yellow than I'd like :(  I am trying not to obsess about it (I tend to do this) but it's  irking me. So warning - when you come to my house DO NOT comment in any way other than favourably on the colour of the walls ;)

At this stage I am planning to counter the slight colour cast by using cooler halogens. Fingers crossed it makes a difference!

That said they're not 'yellow' walls - and the painter did say once the floors are done that will make them recede a little as at the moment they are the only colour in the house so they are more prominent.

Apparently we're going to need a third coat, too, as the colour is translucent. Am waiting for the office to call with the 'good' news about that ;)

I was going for a neutral off white

Nothing this yellow

Not disastrous, but I am cross with myself about it

No comments:

Post a Comment