Wednesday 7 March 2012

Leprechauns?

OK. So it was bound to happen. I am quite annoyed!

It's a little thing, but HONESTLY!

I swear - the man who fitted out our WIR, kids' cupboards and linen was height impaired. Actually - I saw him and he was at least average height - but he has set the rail height in the cupboards so low - at my eye line. Which means 1/3 of the robe is above the shelf and essentially useless! Anything big enough to fill that space is going to be too heavy to lift that high! And, of course, it means I can't do double height hanging for Sean's shirts or the kids' clothes.

WIR shelf height.

Adelaide's room. 

Oscar's room (same height as Adelaide's -
just a different angle.

And the linen fitout is similar. Bottom shelf is really low down. I mean SERIOUSLY?? The floor level section of the linen cupboard is for wheely things like vacuum cleaners. One needs a bit of space! What I DON'T need is a 3 foot gap at the TOP of my linen cupboard ;)

I am pretty peeved about it. It's a small thing, but I am pissed. Enough to ring Andrew about it twice today (and will do so again tomorrow). It is going to get moved. Just take that as gospel :P

1 comment:

  1. Funny you mention this, I went through a similar thing when we did our built in robes. The husband put them at some stupid height, meaning I couldn't double hang things. I designed our robes myself and had very detailed measurements of where things were to be places, but he ignored it. Luckily he had only done his side, so he has single hanging and I made him do it my way for double hanging.

    He know admits that he wishes he had double hanging, as it makes my side so much easier to find things.

    ReplyDelete