Tuesday 24 January 2012

Lockup!

Sp I spun past this morning and it was all action! A crew was there starting to do skirting boards and architraves. Well they were doing skirting boards until I mentioned we were having a timber floor ;)

Today I also got a bill for our lock up. I rang to query it and they were going to ring me back - but on a visit to the house this evening I found all the external doors up, bar one set, and they're on site and evidently going to be going on shortly. So it appears we are, indeed, at lockup!

Also today the downlight holes have been cut, many of the powerpoint and lightswitch holes have been cut too, and they've started hanging the doors.

I have some photos - the interior ones are dodgy as they were taken through the not particularly clean windows ;)

My lovely new front door!
So glad we went with this style rather than the
wide glass sidelights on each side.

Front door and porch area.

Front of the house.

My laundry door.

One set of the french doors - these are the ones
across the back of the house.

Peering through the dirty window you can see the
architraves around the meals area windows.

All up I am really pleased. It's looking great! Hopefully I'll be able to get in tomorrow to take some more photos!

Oh. And I found out how much it is going to cost to move the hallway wall. Not cheap, but I think it's worth the investment so we're going ahead with it.

1 comment: