Wednesday 25 January 2012

Australia Day

So we started Australia Day with a quick visit to the new house.

So much has suddenly been done :)  Most of the architraves are on, and all bar one internal door is up. The light switch holes are mostly in position, as are the holes for the downlights and the surrounds on the man holes.

Best of all - the hallway wall has been moved! And oh what a difference it makes!!! I am so glad Sean convinced me to investigate having it moved. The difference (even before the wall is re-plastered) is just amazing. I had no idea just how much it impacted on the look of the place until it was altered. And it's made me feel even happier with the house. Now the one glaring obvious thing I didn't like has  been fixed, I can walk in and just sigh with happiness :)

Of course, no post is complete without photos...

 Standing behind the island looking to the
right hand side of the living area

Same position looking towards the
left hand side of the living area

Looking down the hall
towards the front door

My nice bright meals area

Oscar's Room

Adelaide's Room

Looking into the spare room

In the spare room

The study nook

Inside of the front door.

The two site supervisors playing
in what will be the sitting room

All in all I am really happy with progress and what's being done. A few small things I would have done differently (some of the door mouldings are narrower than I'd like due to the opening positioning) but I am sure once they're painted I won't notice it.

My next decision is exterior painting. I'd anticipated the windows and french doors would be painted - but now I am wondering if we, instead, just have them sealed? Hard to know until the gable is in. Might chat with the builder and ask if the painters can start on the doors etc. and leave the exterior timberwork until later so I can see it and judge then.

1 comment:

  1. So the windows are all ready to be measured? I can swing by on the weekend of 25/26 Feb if you have access on a weekend?

    ReplyDelete