Saturday 21 January 2012

Curtains Revisited - The Kids' Rooms

So as you know I have been thinking hard about curtains. The downside of a bright house is lots of windows to consider!

As I mentioned previously, my friend Margie runs a curtains and blinds business and kindly came out to talk window coverings with me a week or two back. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted for the kids' rooms and then I found this in her 'completed work' gallery! Blockout roller blinds topped with decorative eyelet sheers.



I think this is going to be just the thing. As per the pictures above, I'll go a plain blockout roller underneath to roll down for nighttime - and during the day these curtains will give privacy as well as a bit of interest to the room. Not sure what colours to use on the top. Hopefully something fairly bold yet adaptable so it can continue to be used as the decor is updated. Am thinking navy or denim for Oscar. Not sure for Adelaide.

Better still ready made eyelet curtains are inexpensive - so in the future the kids can change the look quickly and easily, if they want to, without hitting me up for new curtains!

So - that's two rooms down - now just the rest of the house to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment