Saturday 24 January 2015

Shopping

Went to Gardenworld the other day, and saw a new store there. A florist opposite the nursery exit. They'd only been open a week, but the owner said business had been going well.

I'm not surprised - he had such different arrangements and very reasonably priced. It's a shame Gardenworld is so far away from us (Braeside). However it's well worth a visit if you're in the area.

A little something which had to
come home with me

Not much else to report other than it's a long weekend here - and I started it by visiting Pottery Barn. While I didn't buy anything (I was actually a little overwhelmed by so much deliciousness in one place!) Sean did make a purchase from the adjacent Williams Sonoma.

I'd been meaning to visit for ages, so when we found ourselves over that side of town childless it was a great opportunity. Now I have been, I will be back!

Not a lot happening over the long weekend. The usual cleaning and sorting the house! I went absolutely NUTS recently buying clothes - so spent the morning culling things I don't like and replacing them with the new items.

I am planning an addition to our master bedroom, however. Almost 10 years on, I'm thinking it's time I put a wedding photo up. Having a pic of ourselves on our bedroom wall seems a little, well, naff. So instead I am thinking perhaps something a bit more abstract. I like these two - but am thinking I'd really like the bottom one. A photo from our wedding but not a wedding photo per se. Pottery Barn had a pretty silver frame which would tie in with some other silver accessories I am thinking of adding to our bedroom.



Of course, this leads in to my next project. Planning for an upcoming significant birthday! Friends have done trips to Vegas, weekends away with friends etc. Still not 100% sure on what I want to do for mine - but the planning has started :) Have drawn up the guest list, and am deciding on venues.

One thing I know is that I want a photographer - so best get on and book that!

No comments:

Post a Comment