Monday 5 January 2015

Ikebana

My mother-in-law just gave me the most generous gift!

She recently finished her teaching career (taught Japanese language at primary school) and a parent gave her this stunning Ikebana (Japanese floral art) vase as a leaving present.

While my mother-in-law truly loves it, she also knows I have been wanting to study Ikebana for a long time now. This is her not too subtle (but oh so very kind) gift to start me on my way - my first Ikebana vase! I have decided I need to repay her kindness by actually booking a series of classes. I know only a little about it (my mother studied it years ago) but I've always admired the style.

My mother doing arrangements for the house each Saturday is one of few happy memories I have. Sean has been on my case to do a hobby (ANY hobby) for myself - so I have decided I will give this a go.

Looks more beautiful in person -
my first Ikebana vase

No comments:

Post a Comment