Saturday 20 September 2014

A bit of green life

So the school holidays have started, and with them a flurry of activity has started around the house. The doors have been flung open, a fresh breeze is blowing through, and we're cracking on with annoying little jobs and tasks.

One of these has been selecting indoor plants for various spots. Of course, whenever I go looking for something specific what I want is not in stock! But we did come home today with a 'happy bamboo' which the kids selected for their bathroom. Probably not what I would have chosen, but it is bright and happy and adds some colour to the space.

A bit of green life for the kids' bathroom

In other jobs, the front light is down waiting for the boys next door to come put up the new one. Sean has held the new one up where it will go and it looked great! Such a huge change from what was there. Can't wait for the new one to go in - hopefully today sometime.

Have also had a LONG overdue clean out of my study nook (aka the dumping ground). Have removed most of the computer equipment to the lockable cupboard. At present am removing and sorting the last of the residual paperwork before I wipe it down and start considering precisely what to do with the space decor wise. An indoor plant is a must, but as for the rest of the space I am still not sure.

Still - plenty to go on with in the meantime. Like working out precisely what I want to do linen wise with my spare room (and cleaning out my linen cupboard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment