Saturday 30 August 2014

Spring!

So I am a day early, but spring has well and truly sprung at Parkview. Today has seen us busy in the garden. Mostly weeding, I'm afraid, but it's heartening to see the buds on my plants and to see how well my camelias are doing.

We also spent today cleaning out the cubby house. It had become a disgusting dumping ground that the kids avoided for fear of spiders and ants. Well it took 3 hours, but all is now sorted, the ant nest has been removed, two large and hairy spiders likewise, and the toys all put back in to place. The kids are so excited to have their own space back and sorted :)




As part of the spring plans we're moving on with stage two of planting out the back garden. This season we'll be adding some ground cover beneath my camelias and fruit trees. It will help keep the weeds down and add some interest and layers. I'm also planning floral edging along the brick seating outside - but so far not quite sure on what.

I have also been spring cleaning - which has been strangely enjoyable. I am doing a room a day - and amazingly it's taking that long to do each one! I'm about 1/3 of the way through the house which is a little odd as the 'done' parts are spotless and gleaming. The other parts not so much (read here not at all)! It will take another week to clean and clear, but I am looking forward to having the house clean and the next stage of the garden underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment