Wednesday 27 August 2014

Redirection

So I thought I'd come up with the solution to the living room seating. Even got the go ahead from Sean. But something kept stopping me from placing the order. And then inspiration struck! Or I should say then Empire Lane Design put up some pics of a display home they'd recently styled (and then inspiration struck!)

I love blue and white, but it's never seemed right in any home I've lived in. But when I saw the styling of this home by Empire Lane Design something clicked for me.




I can now really see blue in my living / meals / kitchen space. Not as formal as this space - but something a bit more casual. What really has me excited, though, is the way the leather armchairs work so well with the linen couch.  With my existing oak furniture, and some new cushions, I can see a blue linen couch being just the thing. And I can also see me getting to indulge in buying some blue-ware!

In fact the only thing I can't see working in the space is Mabel my red mixer. I wonder if there's a market for swapping KitchenAid mixers for other colours? This would look might fine on my kitchen bench...


No comments:

Post a Comment