Tuesday 19 August 2014

When a good plan comes together...

So the back area of the house has troubled me for some time. We desperately need more seating, and a few more items to make it look more finished.

The problem is I have a dog. Kids. A husband. So we really need leather. Our couch has a HARD life ;) So I started looking for a new leather suite. And nothing appealed. And I refuse to spend the cost of a small car on something which doesn't excite me!

So then I started looking at fabric sofas. And again nothing local appealed. Everything looked big and boxy. Or the wrong height. Or the wrong scale. Or just, well, wrong!

There was a couch I spotted which I liked. Online, of course, and as it has a lot it would need to match (blinds, existing leather couch which I would retain etc.) I figured I'd not be able to get a fabric sample so just dismissed it. Nothing against online shopping, but I'd not be spending that much on trust!

So then my downfall. I saw it also came in a gorgeous single seater - and suddenly I could see it all coming together! A couch and 2 single seaters opposite one another with the existing leather couch perpendicular. So I sent an email asking whether they happened to have fabric samples... And guess what? Yes they did. Yes they arrived today and yes, I think it might well be just the thing!

Of course, it would mean training kids and dogs that they only EVER sit on the leather couch. But that should be fine - the kids don't sit on my sitting room couch. So it might be achievable. I am concerned the legs might not match my oak furniture (can see my OCD getting the better of me and demanding hubby sand and stain them to match).  But, so far, I think it might just work!

The couch in question! Love that it's a bit more
interesting than the boxy stuff that seems so
popular locally

Would team it with 2 of these.

Have not raised the issue with husband, yet. I am sure he'll not object to the look of the sofas/chairs themselves. The cost he might grumble about but will probably be fine with. If I started talk about sanding back legs he'll likely crack it. Might save that info until AFTER they arrive ;)

Of course - all this depends on keeping my pug off the new purchases. So right now it might be the smallest member of our household holding things back! I'll roll it around in my mind for a few days and see how I feel about it. And see how hubby reacts ;)


Can't stay angry with him - since he lost his
brother, there's been a lot of lying around and moping.
Just wish he'd not do said moping on my
sitting room sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment