Saturday 15 March 2014

Unexpected finds

After swimming lessons, and before a lunch for mother-in-law's birthday, we had half an hour to kill 20 minutes away from home. So we stopped by the local KMART to see whether or not they had a V-slicer (to easily julienne carrots). They didn't have anything which suited, but they had a few other bits and bobs which I have been on the lookout for.

Firstly some bright, cheap and cheerful outdoor cushions. I wanted some colour to make outdoor pop - and I was adverse to spending $30+ per cushion for the pugs to put their arses on! So when I found these for $5 and $10 each (including the insert) I thought I was not going to be able to do much better than that! Amazing how much nicer it makes the outdoor area look. Am almost inspired to sweep out there!

A bit of colour for outside

My next cheap and cheerful find was a glass cloche. I have had my eye on these for a while - but at $40 or $50 each I'd not found enough inspiration to put my hand into my pocket! So when I found them for $7 each, I was quick to snap up a couple! Am thinking I'll put one in the sitting room filled with some decor items - and I might put the other in Oscar's science room. No matter where they end up they'll look good - and I am so pleased I found what I was after at such a reasonable price.

Glass cloche

My final find was designed to be used as a photo holder - but I immediately saw its potential as a little girl's hair clip holder! Adelaide has far too many hair clips and I've never really liked the canvas hair clip frames everyone else seems to have. So I thought this would be just the ticket to keep them organised and looking sweet on the inside of her cupboard door. And for $5 it hardly broke the bank. Adelaide is really impressed with the new addition to her room - and I'm thrilled she no longer has a drawer filled with hair clips!

$5 hair clip holder

So  nothing hugely exciting, but a few bits and bobs to make the house look a little more tidy and finished. Can't wait to get the cloche in situ. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment