Tuesday 11 March 2014

Our Daily Bread

So my latest interest is baking. I never thought it was worthwhile baking my own bread. Bread is so cheap to buy and, well, I do have a life! However after getting Thelma, and reading all the other thermie owners going on about their bread, I decided to give it a go.

I started with scrolls which were quite nice but a little dense. But then I tried another recipe which was much better. Moister and more fluffy. Since my initial try I have made it 3 or 4 times - and am now trying varieties. Today I had a go at Olive and Seed bread, and it was delicious! I think I might try scrolls, again, using this new dough recipe. In any case, I'm now getting in to baking bread. It's quick, easy, cheap and we all love it!

A white loaf and my Olive and Seed creation

My other creation has been jam. There is a quick and easy strawberry jam recipe which I also made today. Jam is usually such a sticky and annoying thing to make - but not anymore. This was so easy and delicious and I plan to try it with other fruit.

It's really interesting the way Thelma has changed the way I cook. We're certainly eating a larger variety of foods and flavours than ever before - and much less in the way of preservatives. And it's really enjoyable to be making things I'd not usually bother cooking.

2 comments:

  1. This one, April - very quick and easy!

    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/breads-rolls-recipes/easy-everyday-white-bread/41833

    ReplyDelete