Friday 2 August 2013

More Waiting

So it's been a while since I posted anything. While I have been doing things, there's not a lot to actually show!

Have finally ordered blinds for the back room. After about her 50th visit to the house to talk window options with me, I've finally given Margie the order. They're to be a linen look chain driven roman blind. We will be having 14 in all - which will be the 2 windows in the hall, a total of 5 blinds across the 2 sets of french doors, the 2 windows in the living room and the 5 in the meals area. Each blind is to be slightly overmounted to give the illusion of higher windows. The fabric is called 'Broome' and the colour 'Mushroom' and it is precisely what I was after.

Broome fabric in 'Mushroom'

I really like the texture of the fabric, and am hopeful it will look as I envisage once they're in.

Also I have booked the mirror to be wall mounted. The fellow will be out here on Monday. I hope it will be straight forward - although there is lots of wiring in the wall cavity as there is a plasma wall mounted on the other side of the wall in the bedroom. Will wait to hear what he says!

Between the blinds and the mirror (purchase, transport and hanging) I've been spending a bit at the moment - so expect the next few months posts to be about 'cheap and cheerful' additions or modifications to the house. I need to sit on my hands for a while ;)

I do plan to make a gift wrapping area, soon, so stay tuned for that. I also have a couple of small sewing projects planned. Finally I have the frames ready for the prints I got for my birthday - so that will be another project I can move along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment