Saturday 2 June 2012

Inside Again!

Well I know it has been some weeks since a long post from me - but really there has been very little to report. However finally I have some progress shots for you as this morning we were again able to get in.

The sales rep. for the firm that does the robe fitouts, splashbacks, shower screens and mirrors needed to check some details with me. So an 8am Sunday morning phonecall from him, and 20 minutes later Sean, the kids and I are at the site.

I have to say my dealings so far with this firm have not been great. While I specifically asked to be on-site when the robe and cupboard fittings were being done, one day I rocked up and they were in. Incorrectly. Seriously - how hard is it to let me know so I can be there??? So now they have to be changed!

And now it turns out the sales rep. has not remembered our LAST conversation (or consulted the working drawings) and has ordered my laundry splashback too short. So now is saying where I will need to have 'the join'. Nope. No join, mate. If I wanted a whopping ugly join then guess what? I would have PAID for one with a join!

However the bathrooms are now all but finished - so all that needs to be done, now, with this firm are splashbacks and fixing the robes.

Still waiting on the splashback - but my
kitchen sink is in!

Powder room. Now the mirror and
toilet are in I am happy the tiles are
less dominant than I'd feared.

Kids' bathroom with the shower
screen in. Door to shower yet to
be hung though.

Mirrors and basins in the kids'
bathroom now in.

Loving my floors - looking down the 
hallway to the front of the house.

Should have switched the light on! 
Here's the ensuite with mirror and basins in.

So we're still waiting for the soil at the rear of the house to be moved so we can proceed with the driveway and then do the last bits and pieces. Realistically I'd say we're still a good month away if not more. So much for being told '2 weeks' about a month and a half ago!

I am trying not to let it irritate me. I am not succeeding ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love the whole look.... also so glad you moved the wall in the passage, it flows so much better now :)
    I have a new sample box for the shutters now too :)

    ReplyDelete