Sunday 10 June 2012

Driveby

So I was driving past the house on Friday - and was rewarded by seeing someone on site! The flyscreen contractor. He was actually waiting for the site supervisor Andrew to come up and give him access.

So knowing Andrew was on his way, and that I had a quiet morning, I decided to stick around. And just as well I did!

The front windows are double hung - and for some reason I had assumed that, like the others, the flyscreens would be internal. But apparently not. They will be external. And aluminium. And really really ugly :(  So I have arranged to upgrade these to timber frames which will be painted to match the window frames. A much better outcome!

The rest of the windows, being awnings, are much easier. They will be internal mounted aluminium framed screens - which will be fine.

So at least there's progress with the flyscreens!

Saw Andrew on site and he, again, asked about the splashback colour. Which I have again provided. So hopefully they are not far away now, either.

But we're still waiting on a resolution to the soil out back issue. The ground is still so wet that Andrew says there is no chance of getting a bobcat down the side. So I have suggested perhaps the landscaper removes the excess soil when the time comes (and that the extra he charges to do this be deducted from our build bill). So now we're waiting on a price from the landscaper to see if the builder will play ball.

The builder did suggest we pay an additional $500 to have a truckload of rocks dumped there in order to give the bobcat access. But then we'd have to pay to have it removed else render that side of the house completely useless to grow anything. He started to cite something about the contract allowing 'all weather access' which is when I told him if they'd removed the dirt when they should have I would not need to be paying additional to get it done now!

So we're still waiting. For fine weather. Or a quote from the landscaper (and the builder to agree to it)!

On the plus side I think I have made a decision on the master bedroom curtains. Just need to compare the sample to a few more things before I 100% decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment