Wednesday 8 May 2013

It's here!

So - after much patient waiting yesterday my new couch arrived! Lucky it was first thing in the morning, as I might not have made it through to the afternoon otherwise.

It is not so wide and slightly taller than I imagined. Both of which please me so that is fine. The taupe has a slight green to it - which is also fine. While it doesn't have the warmth of my curtains, by the time I colour layer the room that won't be an issue.


I have been tossing up which colours to use the in the front room. I want calm, classy, elegant, textured/layered. Was lucky enough to come across a restful scheme which I think will suit the room perfectly. Hope so - as I have just ordered two large cushions in Schumacher's "Hot House Flowers" in mineral (the large floral print at the back).



If I can convince long-suffering Sean, I am planning a warm colour (or wallpaper???) on the chimney breast, and will introduce the other textures and patterns via the other chairs and soft furnishings in the room.

So now the hunt for the perfect occasional chairs to match. However I might delay that search until my Schumacher cushions arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment