Friday 12 April 2013

The Front Room

Sadly my formal sitting room has, hereto, been neglected. Rather than the lovely cosy space to enjoy a glass of wine and a good book by the fire, it has become a dumping ground for furniture I've not yet found the heart to EBAY :(

But that might be about to change! Determined to get something happening in the space, today I asked Sean his opinion on seating. He wanted a Chesterfield in there. Which honestly - just ISN'T my thing! Too big. Too dark. Too bulky. I had plans of a lighter looking space.

And then I found this! I like it a lot! Not too fussy, but still quite formal. Nicely balanced, looks comfy yet at the same time simple and understated. Better still - being that it's a Chesterfield Sean still gets his ideas catered to!


It's not, yet, a done deal. Sean has yet to come home and give it the final tick of approval. But I am pretty sure this will be in pride of place in our front room soon :)
 
Which leads to my next question. What to go with it?
 
I'd ideally like 2 occasional chairs in matching linen, but I can't see anything on the site and let's face it - matching linens is like matching whites. Nearly impossible and a slight difference can look horrendous. I've emailed the distributor to ask whether there's anything matching - so will wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about a co-ordinating fabric on the chairs, rather than a matching? Even something a shade darker can make all the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another option is to find out the fabric name that the Chesterfield is covered in. It will probably be a Warwick fabric, (most upholsterers use Warwick), which I can then order in. Chairs usually require 5-6 metres of fabric.
    You then order your chairs without covering (there's a term for it...I think it might be 'skeleton form') and then supply your own fabric to cover them in.
    But you might find that the chairs you like can be ordered in any fabric, which you then order with the fabric that the Chesterfield is covered in.

    ReplyDelete