Saturday 13 April 2013

Racked

Sean has been hassling me since we moved in about getting the shoes up off the floor in the WIR.

To be fair he has a point. They've become a target for dustbunnies and I am sick of tripping over them every time I go into the wardrobe.

So this morning I set about in earnest looking for a solution. I don't like most of the hanging systems, and the small racks never seem to adequately accommodate my size 11+ shoes.

What I really wanted was something small enough to fit under Sean's shirts at the far end of the wardrobe, but tall enough to fit at least 3 layers of shoes. So after a quick websearch we were off to Masters to get 2 small white bookshelves! Sean's just put them together, I've loaded them, and they are just the thing!


At the moment we have the perfect amount of space for our shoes - but if I decide I need a few more pair then I will get another shelf cut for each bookcase as height-wise each can easily have one more for additional storage if needs be.

Admittedly it's not currently the most glam solution - so now I am investigating wallpaper to line the backing board with. I thought it could look quite nice? That will happen when I do wardrobe stage two - which will involve some lovely new timber hangers, some artwork and a system to hang my 'junk' jewellery.

But, for now, this is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment