Saturday 26 January 2013

Painted Gates

Yesterday Sean put the first coat of colour on the side gates. I had been certain I wanted them grey but then I noticed how dusty the front door gets. While I have the time and energy (just) to keep the front entry looking nice, I refuse to devote that sort of time to the side gates!

Also I was less certain about the colour when I mocked it up. So we've gone with the default 'Dune' colour and I am pleased with it :)

Left hand gate

First coat looking good :)

Right hand side also with first coat

In other news we've also been doing bits and pieces in the garden. I lost a gardenia or two so those were replaced in the front. Thankfully now the irrigation is in the gardenias (indeed all the plants) are really thriving.

Also planted an Orange Jessamine (Murraya paniculata) or commonly known as a Mock Orange in a spot out the back. When it grows it should be lovely and green with highly fragrant flowers in Summer (and periodically throughout the year). I love the idea of a fragrant garden, so this is another welcome addition!

Mock Orange out the back

1 comment: