Thursday 15 November 2012

Laundry

My ideas regarding my laundry have changed a lot. Originally I was going to have it as more of a walk in pantry/butlers pantry. But that changed. So then it became more of a bulk storage space/laundry. I planned open shelves on one side which, in retrospect, looked ugly and were a constant climbing/rummaging temptation to the kids.

And so I recently commissioned matching doors for them - which were installed today!

I worry about poisons, and things like that, so I got them to make one of the two new shelved cupboards lockable - and also one of the ones under the laundry bench. Not for anything precious (a really determined yank by an adult would probably open either). But it's enough that I can put the bleach / toilet cleaner and metho in there and not worry that either of the kids is going to get into some creative chemistry - or cookery :o

Not a very exciting mod - but one step closer to 'finishing' the house. And I do think it looks a lot better! Might have to start decorating the laundry, soon!

New doors on what were open shelves

However tomorrow's job is to move all the things I do not want the kids to get into from the right hand cupboard to the (key lockable) one on the left. Then I can take off the kiddy lock!

Also need to ring and check on progress of my stools, rug and coffee table. And then I must pull in my horns for a while and instead focus on sorting and hanging things and less buying :P

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Much neater and more finished. Also a good place to lock up xmas presents you don't want discovered.

    ReplyDelete