Saturday 21 November 2015

Infill

My front garden beds are partially shaded by the oak, and it also takes a lot of water from the beds, so it's hard to know what to put there. My New Zealand Rock Lillies thrive there, so I thought I might try a white Saxifraga for a little infill.


My hydrangea, which I had worried might not make it, is now doing wonderfully well beside the path near the side gate and is starting to bloom. Obviously it's in a good spot for it - so I have bought another to put in beside it. I am so excited that it's doing well - it's a plant I just adore and I know that once they're established they're very hardy. It's also something I had no chance of growing when I was in QLD.
 
We're off to the National Rhododendron gardens today. Apparently they are magnificent at this time of year. I must admit I am a little excited at getting a glimpse at some of the 15000+ Azaleas there - they're another favourite of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment