Tuesday 17 March 2015

Homegrown

Very quiet here the last month. Hubby and I have had pneumonia, and we're still slowly recovering. Aiding our recovery, though, has been the fresh produce we're growing. No shortage of herbs, cucumbers and tomatoes to use in fresh healthy food. Our first two tomato plants are fruiting, and we've another 4 growing. Lucky I love cooking with tomatoes!

Look at these beauties!

Lots of tomatoes to keep us going

Lots of cooking with tomatoes - like this fresh
basil and tomato pasta with truffle oil

And a delicious risotto full of homegrown flavours

Other than that things have been fairly slow on the home front. We've had a few guests of late, so I need to work on the guest room a bit more. Because it doesn't have the prettiest aspect (I hate bedrooms looking out onto a fence - and since we had to have one I decided the least used could cop it) I have been playing with different ideas to make the fence look better.

A friend has done this on a panel of her fence and it looks amazing. So I am toying with the idea of doing the same outside the spare room window.


Other than that the only other thing I am planning at the moment is a holiday. Trying to decide where and when to go. Not really sure where. Hawaii is sounding appealing, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment