Tuesday 8 July 2014

More small things

So I am slowly trying to dress the rooms a little. Our spare room was looking pretty sad, so I bought a coverlet to jazz it up a little bit.

The coverlet sits over the top of the normal doona, so is really rather versatile. Of course, now I need some artwork for that room, and then I'll buy some coordinating cushions to brighten it up, but to give an idea of how it may eventually look I knocked off some cushions from the sitting room.

A hint of how it might look when styled up

Getting there. Needs more pillows!

Another small addition to the house were some bathroom knick knacks for the kid's bathroom. A recent trip to a craft market has reignited my love of soaps. I love getting natural soap and cutting them down into smaller bars. There's something truly luxurious about selecting a soap before you bathe.

So with this in mind I have bought a nice open jar to put them all in. It might end up being just too big for the number of soaps I have - in which case I might fill the jar with shells. We'll see how it plays out. But, for now, here's a bit of interest beside the bath in the kid's room.

Bits and bobs in the kid's bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment