Saturday 17 May 2014

Rugged Up

So after much hunting locally, I came to the conclusion I wasn't going to find a rug I liked (at a price I did too) in Australia. And so I started to look overseas. First stop was www.overstock.com as they ship to Australia at reasonable prices, and their range is enormous. I found quite a few I liked, but after much consideration I ended up chosing this one.


It's to go in the front room - and I am crossing my fingers that it is the right colour blue. If not I might change the cushions rather than the rug - because there's no way I'll get another 8 x 10 foot pure New Zealand wool rug I like for under $750!

Other purchases I've made (and yet to arrive) are new cushions for the front room and a new bedspread for the spare room. Both bargains - and hopefully as nice in person as they appeared online. Have also taken receipt of 5 shadow boxes for Oscar's science room. Eventually I will change them so the interior of each is different shades of teal and orange.
  
My final purchase was, today, a fiddle leaf fig for my living room. I have been after one of these since 5 past forever - but they are not cheap and, additionally, are quite hard to source. So when I saw one at our local Coles in the plant section 'figgy' was coming home with me! But I think figgy deserves a post all on his own so keep tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment