Thursday 12 December 2013

So I'm feeling a little fragile...

Only I go away to the Gold Coast and spot something large, heavy and fragile to bring home. Well. Nearly only me. My mother-in-law (with whom I was holidaying) also spotted something. But she decided to live without it. However since I couldn't leave mine behind, I went back and got hers too. And posted both to myself in Melbourne.

It was actually a lot cheaper than I anticipated. $25 each to post. Not bad given mine was a large ceramic garden stool.
Stool similar to the one I found on
the Gold Coast. Mine is more a subtle
grey/blue and is to go in the front room.

Mother-in-law's item was a similarly sized ceramic hand painted Japanese style pot. She really really liked it - and given she was so generous taking us to the Gold Coast I wanted to surprise her with it.

I am reasonably confident the garden stool will make it here intact. It's relatively well packed and quite sturdy. I am less optimistic about the pot which was not so well packed and had to be shoved into a second box (after a lengthy hunt around Pacific Fair the other day to find something the right size). It's also thinner so probably more delicate.

Anyway. Will wait and see. I sent the pot on Wednesday and the stool Thursday - so am hopeful they will arrive next week some time. Hopefully intact - I'll let you know! Really hoping they arrive in good order and look well in their intended spaces. Both took a lot of work to pack and post so I am hoping they're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment