Monday 4 February 2013

It's nice to be SERIOUSLY Well Hung!

So after my lovely mate Donna suggested perhaps storage is of interest to some homemakers, I thought I'd update on the latest storage solutions going in at Parkview.

Tonight Sean finished hanging the baskets around the house (and I finally finished filling them!).

There were already two inside the pantry doors. Tonight we added another and filled all three. Top with food colourings, kids' finger paints and other things I don't want the little ones getting at! Middle one my most commonly used cooking oils. Bottom one the kids' multivites and sunscreen. E.g. things I need and use every day (and which hold little or no interest to the little ones).



We also added 2 small baskets on the inside of the ensuite cabinet doors. Heaps easier to open the doors and grab those every day items rather than opening the doors and then bending to find what you want - and it also means no marks where they sit on my bathroom cabinet shelves ;)


The final small basket we added to the inside of the linen cupboard door - just above the vacuum cord hanger. Perfect spot for vacuum cleaner attachments!


I can't speak highly enough about baskets hung on the inside of cupboard doors. Largely a wasted space, it's so convenient to hang baskets and store things in easy reach.

We tend to use kitchen cooking gloves a bit when preparing food - and buy gloves in boxes by the hundred. So next up we'll be getting something like this to mount the gloves inside the pantry door, too.


Like I said. It's nice to be well hung!

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to re-arrange my pantry door. Currently it holds a large plastic shopping bag, filled with plastic bags. If I bought a proper container to hold those, then I'd have room for all those small things that tend to clutter the shelves.
    Great idea!!!
    Now to find somewhere for all my kitchen appliances that take up a whole cupboard for a single item! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me - we just have a pantry cupboard, with the shelves cut back in the middle, but definitely room for 2-3 baskets on each door. Our pantry is bursting at the seams and having something to hold things like open packets of dried fruit and nuts, or small bottles of vanilla extract and tabasco would be wonderful.

    My next IKEA shopping list is already looking quite full....

    ReplyDelete