Tuesday 25 October 2011

2 years

So it was 2 years yesterday that we bought 'Parkview'. My baby was one and just toddling. My new baby was not even on her way!

Oh how far we have come in two years. We have survived some very challenging circumstances, have had the joy of our precious daughter joining our family, have found direction and a new way forward - and now have the prospect of our new home to look forward to.

Home has long been important to me. Probably because we moved so often when I was a child. In fact this experience made me pretty fixed in some of my house design ideas. For example it was not conceivable, to me, that the kids rooms have any differences. I wanted same size, same storage even same window aspect. I always felt I got the raw end of the deal rooms wise (the room in blue not pink, the room with no wardrobe, the room with bright orange curtains etc.) so I was determined the kids would have identical rooms! To the millimeter.

I also wanted a sitting room. Perhaps not used all that often, but there to be quietly enjoyed. I really need a clean quiet space to just sit - and that's what I plan for that room.

I have a vision of what I want my home to look like, and how I want it to feel. I am so excited that this dream is on its way to becoming reality <3

Here's our new home - with the porch and roof trusses!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting. I am very similar that I have firm ideas of what our new house has to include - mainly a ladies lounge and a laundry with massive storage.

    I can't wait to see your home come into existence, you have such amazing style.

    ReplyDelete