Wednesday 20 May 2015

Bedrooms and Birthdays

So I ended up ordering a bedhead and new valance for our master. Not saying which one - but will post pics when they arrive. Of course, a new bedhead and valance will eventually require new linens. But, for now, I am going to wait and see how things look before I add new linen. I am completely undecided on what will look well - although I today saw something I liked the look of.

In the meantime it's all systems go baking and preparing for a little guy's birthday party this weekend. Did the party favour bags today. Nothing that hard to do - but something I could pre-prepare and tick off the list.

We also have the street progressive dinner coming up very soon. Our first time hosting (we're doing mains) so that will be interesting. I am assured it is easy enough but I worry about that sort of thing!

I bought a lovely crystal lamp base the other day (with the world's fugliest shade) for my sitting room. Went by a Laura Ashley store the other day and found two replacement shades I liked. One was almost 3 times the price of the other. Guess which one the store attendants were steering me towards? Am going to head back there tomorrow with some cushions, the base etc. so I can get a sense of which (if either) I like on the base / with the linens from the room.

So it's a quiet time here. I have cleaned out my linen cupboard, my bathroom cabinets and have started on my kitchen cabinets, too. Sorting out a bit, but happy with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment