Sunday 16 December 2012

The Garden

So now we've been in a while, I can report on the progress of the garden!

This week our lovely magnolias have started to bloom! Not every plant - but quite a few. Actually that side of the house is looking quite nice - everything is growing and looking good!

The gardenias down the side at the front are doing OK. Some are doing well and flowering, but we have lost a couple. Will be out replacing those this weekend.

Across the back my crab apple and pear are both doing well. The opulus is OK but not thriving.

However I have, sadly, lost my forest pansy. It just did not make it. So I am considering a weeping cherry or similar to replace it.

Now it is Jacaranda season I am longing for one in the back. Of course, I forget the awful mess they make (not the blossoms - when they lose all their foliage). Just the riot of purple is SO pretty!

I did find my Flemmings Tree Guide a few days back, and am seriously considering a Lilac. Overlooked, in my opinion! Gorgeous, scented, pretty as! What more could one want?


I might ask Santa for one for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment